Before we get started, let's address a few common questions:
🤔 Can you embed videos in Intercom emails?
Yes, you can embed videos in Intercom emails.
However, embedding videos in email is NOT the same as embedding videos on the web. With email, you have to take into account that not every email client (looking at you, Gmail 👀) supports playing video online, so you have to supply fallback scenarios.
When you embed videos in emails with Sendspark, we automatically supply the fallback scenario, so when a video is not supported, your viewer will see a video preview, and be able to click to watch the video on the web.
💌 When should you embed videos in Intercom emails?
Videos are great for humanizing the customer experience. There are a few touch points where videos can add a ton of value, both for increasing email engagement, and for building personal relationships with your customers.
Welcome new users
Announce new features
Onboard users with short "How to" videos
Okay, let's get get to it! Here's how to embed videos in Intercom Emails.
How to embed videos in Intercom emails:
1. Make your video in Sendspark, by either recording a video, uploading a video, or requesting a video from someone else. Note, if you want to record your screen, you'll have to use the Sendspark Chrome Extension.
2. Click "Share" and then "Copy Email Embed Code"
3. Go over to your Intercom Email Editor, and switch to "Edit HTML"
4. Paste your video email embed code there
5. Send a test to yourself to make sure you're happy with your video email.
6. It should should something like this!
Have any questions about embed videos in Intercom emails?
Chat with us, we are happy to help!