You may use either the Sendspark Web Application on the Sendspark Chrome Extension to record your screen with Sendspark.
Both ways work great, but we recommend using the Chrome Extension for maximum speed.
This article will walk you through both options to record your screen with Sendspark.
Record your Screen with the Sendspark Chrome Extension:
1. Install the Chrome Extension
First install the Sendspark Chrome Extension.
2. Launch the Chrome Extension
You can launch the Chrome Extension by clicking on the Sendspark icon in your Chrome browser at any time. (Make sure you have Sendspark pinned).
3. Select Screen
From the Chrome Extension, you can choose between recording your Face, Screen, or Both at the same time.
4. Select from Tab, Application, or Desktop
When you're recording either your Screen or Both (Face + Screen), you can your recording type.
Tab - will record only the Chrome tab you have open at the moment. This will give you clean, polished recording, and is the best option if you only want to record 1 tab. However, you cannot change tabs while recording.
Application - will record an entire application. This can be Chrome, Slack, Powerpoint, or any application you have open on your computer. This is a great way to get a polished video of an application without capturing a messy desktop.
Desktop - will record everything that is visible on your screen - including your desktop. This is the best way to make sure you don't miss anything on your screen.
The default option for recording is Desktop, but you can easily change what you are recording by clicking the ellipses in your recording toolbar.
5. Start Recording
Click the red Record button to start recording.
6. Stop Recording
Click back on the Chrome Extension icon to finish recording. Your video will now open in a new page for you to edit and share. 🎉
Record your Screen with the Sendspark Web Application
1. From the Sendspark dashboard, click New Video.
2. Under Record, Select Screen.
3. Select what you screen, window, or tab you want to record, and then click Share
4. To stop recording, click on either the Stop Sharing button at the button of your screen, or the red square on the Sendspark preview box.
5. To save your video, click the blue Yes. (Or feel free to record again, until you get it right!)
6. That's it, now your video is ready to edit and share. 🎉